The firm’s commitment to diversity has been recognized by its continued relationships with clients that focus on diversity and by independent surveys addressing the hiring and retention of minority lawyers. The 2007 and 2006 Minority Law Journal’s Diversity Scorecard survey, which ranks the 250 largest firms in the country according to the percentage of minority lawyers, ranked Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP within the top 15% of law firms in the United States.
The firm actively participates and supports numerous minority organizations and forums, including, among others:
- American Bar Association’s National Conference for the Minority Attorneys
- Asian-American Bar Association of New York
- Capital District Black and Hispanic Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- DuPont Minority Corporate Counsel Conference
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- National Association of Women Judges
- National Bar Association
- National Women’s Law Center.
In addition the firm’s attorneys have played important roles and/or made presentations at conferences that are intended to promote diversity throughout the legal profession. The firm’s Diversity Committee, which is comprised of partners and associates, plays an active role in the administration of the firm.