Stefan G. dePozsgay
t: 212 754 4219
f: 212 446 2350
Area of Practice
Yale Law School, J.D., 2006
Duke University, B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science, 2003
Mr. dePozsgay is a partner in the Firm’s Corporate Group. His main practice areas include:
- Mergers and acquisitions, both domestic and cross-border;
- Joint ventures and similar strategic arrangements;
- Corporate finance;
- Private equity and other private investment fund matters;
- Venture capital and startup representation;
- Media, sports and entertainment matters;
- Corporate governance; and
- General business advisory work.
Mr. dePozsgay has advised clients on significant matters across a variety of practice areas and industries. Selected representative transactions in which Mr. dePozsgay had a leading role are listed below:
- Advised Goldman Sachs Capital Partners in its acquisition of Drayer Physical Therapy Institute, a leading operator of outpatient physical therapy clinics focused on treating sports-related injuries.
- Advised Goldman, Sachs & Co. as purchaser of the Colombian coal mining assets (and related port and railway assets) of Vale in a transaction valued at US$407 million.
- Advised Goldman, Sachs & Co. as purchaser of the Colombian coal mining assets of Coalcorp Mining Inc. in a transaction spanning seven jurisdictions and valued at over US$200 million.
- Advised a fund managed by Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C. in its participation in a backstopped equity offering by DHT Holdings, Inc., a publicly-traded operator of crude oil tankers.
- Advised Branford Castle, Inc. in its sale of E-Mon, LLC, the leading designer and manufacturer of smart energy submeter systems and integrated energy intelligence software, to Honeywell.
- Advised Inkafarma, the largest retail pharmacy chain in Peru, in its acquisition by an affiliate of Interbank Group.
- Advised Goldman Sachs Investment Partners in its investment in Media Rights Capital II, an independent film and television studio.
- Advised Goldman Sachs Investment Partners in its investment in Revolution Money, an online money transfer startup business founded by Steve Case.
- Advised Medallion Financial Corp. and a consortium of investors in their acquisition of the assets of Richard Petty Motorsports, the NASCAR team founded by driving legend Richard Petty.
- Advised Medallion Financial Corp. and a consortium of investors in their acquisition of the Long Islands Lizards Major League Lacrosse team.
- Advised Tudor Investment Corporation in its investment in Howcast Media, a company offering “how-to” video content over the Internet.
- Advised Tudor Investment Corporation in its investment in Uni-Pixel, Inc., a developer of flat panel color display technology.
Mr. dePozsgay graduated magna cum laude from Duke University in 2003. In 2006, Mr. dePozsgay graduate from Yale Law School.
Coalcorp Mining Sells Mining and Related Assets to Goldman Sachs Group (Lexpert Magazine: Big Deals, 2010)
Fifty-three Attorneys Recognized as New York Metro Super Lawyers (October 10, 2016)
Goldman Sachs Hands Over Colombian Coal Mines to Murray (Latin Lawyer)
The BSF Report: Spring 2013 (03.08.2013)
BSF Represents Inkafarma in Sale to Interbank Group (Firm Newsletter Spring 2011)
Legal Obstacles Overcome, $200M Deal Closed for Client Goldman Sachs (Firm Newsletter Spring 2011)
Firm Report: November 2006 (Vol. 1, Issue III (11.01.2006)