Jason S. Zack
Areas of Practice
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2008; Arthur Littleton & H. Clayton Louderback Legal Writing Instructor; Articles Editor, University of Pa. J. of Constitutional Law; Academic Appointments Committee; Legal Intern, Wikimedia Foundation
University of Maryland - College Park, Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, 2000; Doctoral Fellowship; Teaching Assistant; Research Assistant
University of Maryland - College Park, M.A., Counseling Psychology, 1997
University of Florida, B.S., with honors, Psychology, 1995; Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Kappa Phi; Nat'l Golden Key, Liberal Arts & Sciences Four-Year Scholar, SEPA Research Award; Chapter VP, Psi Chi (Psychology National Honor Society)
Judicial Internship, Hon. Norma L. Shapiro, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Summer 2006
Florida and New York
United States District Court: Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and Southern District of Florida
Jason Zack is a litigation associate in the firm's Miami office, where he focuses on product liability and tort litigation, as well as trademark and false advertising disputes.
Before joining the firm, Dr. Zack practiced as a civil litigator in New York, representing a variety of clients in disputes involving intellectual property (trademarks, false advertising, misappropriation) and other matters (e.g., false claims act, law firm defense, breach of contract, etc.).
Prior to earning his law degree, Dr. Zack worked as a behavioral science consultant, focusing on jury research and e-Health. As a consultant and graduate student, Dr. Zack authored numerous publications and frequently presented at conferences across the U.S. and internationally.
- Represented major stock market index creator in intellectual property litigation relating to derivative trading products based on stock market indexes.
- Represented major toy manufacturer in various trademark issues, including TTAB proceedings, trademark searches, and trademark protection via cease-and-desist actions.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in various trademark issues, including TTAB proceedings, trademark searches, and trademark protection via cease-and-desist actions.
- Represented international manufacturer of medical and electronic devices in claims related to government contracts.
- Represented a leading financial and business information provider in connection with allegations of corporate espionage and violations of other state and federal laws.
- Represented architect and architectural firm in breach of contract action against a real estate developer
- Defended prominent law firm against allegations of malpractice and fraud by a former partner.
Selected Professional Awards and AssociationsAmerican Bar Association (Standing Committee on Technology & Information Systems; Delegate to Young Lawyers' Division of the American Bar Association, 2010-2011)
New York State Bar Association (Law, Youth & Citizenship Committee, 2010-2011)
American Psychological Association
How Sturdy is that Digital Couch? Legal Considerations for Mental Health Professionals Who Deliver Clinical Services Via the Internet, 26 J. Technology in Human Servs. 333 (2008)
The Ultimate Company Town: Wading in the Digital Marsh of Second Life, Univ. of Pa. J. of Constitutional Law (December 2007)