Mike F. Huang
t: 212 754 4214
f: 212 446 2350
Area of Practice
Columbia Law School, J.D., 2002; Stone Scholar; Editor, Columbia Human Rights Law Review
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Computer Science and Political Economy of Industrial Societies, 1999; Phi Beta Kappa
Mike F. Huang is a member of the Firm’s corporate practice group. His practice focuses on a wide variety of domestic and international financing transactions, including acquisition financings, leveraged recapitalizations, asset-based financings, working capital financings, project financings, and workout and restructuring facilities, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Huang’s recent notable financing transactions include:
- Representing the borrower in connection with a $1.4 billion syndicated acquisition financing facility;
- Representing Compañia Minera Antamina S.A. in connection with the refinancing of its $1.32 billion project financing
- Representing Wynn Las Vegas, LLC in connection with a $1.125 billion senior secured credit facility;
- Representing Caithness Long Island, LLC in connection with an approximately $450 million project financing for the greenfield development of a power plan in Long Island, New York;
- Representing Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. in connection with a $500 million senior unsecured credit facility;
- Representing Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. in connection with the refinancing of existing mortgage and mezzanine loans with a $150 million mortgage loan;
- Representing the sponsor of a power plant project in connection with a $65 million leveraged recapitalization via the issuance of senior secured indebtedness;
- Representing a financial investor in connection with the workout and restructuring of a $120 million senior secured credit facility to a Chinese real estate development company;
- Representing a financial investor in connection with the workout and restructuring of an Export Prepayment Facility of a Brazilian company engaged in the beef industry; and
- Representing Termovalle Investment Co. LLC in the workout and restructuring of its project financing of a Colombian power plant.
Mr. Huang served as the President of the Asian American Bar Association of New York from 2013-2014.
From 2002-2005, Mr. Huang was associated with Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP.
Selected Professional Awards and Associations
Top Lawyer in 2013 Super Lawyers magazine
2013 National Asian American Bar Association
Best Lawyers Under 40
54 BSF Attorneys Recognized as Top Lawyers in 2013 Super Lawyers Magazine (2013 Super Lawyers)
The BSF Report: Spring 2013 (03.08.2013)
BSF Advises Starr International in Sale of AIG Stock (March 30, 2010)
Firm Report: May 2009 (May 2009)
BSF Corporate Group and New Partner Mike Huang Profiled in WSJ Law Blog (December 18, 2008)