Mike F. Huang
t: 212 754 4214
f: 212 446 2350
Area of Practice
Columbia Law School, J.D., 2002; Stone Scholar; Editor, Columbia Human Rights Law Review
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Computer Science and Political Economy of Industrial Societies, 1999; Phi Beta Kappa
Mike F. Huang is a member of the Firm’s corporate practice group. His practice focuses on a wide variety of domestic and international financing transactions, including acquisition financings, leveraged recapitalizations, asset-based financings, working capital financings, project financings, and workout and restructuring facilities, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Huang’s recent notable financing transactions include:
- Representing the borrower in connection with a $1.4 billion syndicated acquisition financing facility;
- Representing Compañia Minera Antamina S.A. in connection with the refinancing of its $1.32 billion project financing
- Representing Wynn Las Vegas, LLC in connection with a $1.125 billion senior secured credit facility;
- Representing Caithness Long Island, LLC in connection with an approximately $450 million project financing for the greenfield development of a power plan in Long Island, New York;
- Representing Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc. in connection with a $500 million senior unsecured credit facility;
- Representing Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. in connection with the refinancing of existing mortgage and mezzanine loans with a $150 million mortgage loan;
- Representing the sponsor of a power plant project in connection with a $65 million leveraged recapitalization via the issuance of senior secured indebtedness;
- Representing a financial investor in connection with the workout and restructuring of a $120 million senior secured credit facility to a Chinese real estate development company;
- Representing a financial investor in connection with the workout and restructuring of an Export Prepayment Facility of a Brazilian company engaged in the beef industry; and
- Representing Termovalle Investment Co. LLC in the workout and restructuring of its project financing of a Colombian power plant.
Mr. Huang served as the President of the Asian American Bar Association of New York from 2013-2014.
From 2002-2005, Mr. Huang was associated with Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP.
Selected Professional Awards and Associations
Top Lawyer in 2013 Super Lawyers magazine
2013 National Asian American Bar Association
Best Lawyers Under 40
Fifty-three Attorneys Recognized as New York Metro Super Lawyers (October 10, 2016)
54 BSF Attorneys Recognized as Top Lawyers in 2013 Super Lawyers Magazine (2013 Super Lawyers)
The BSF Report: Spring 2013 (03.08.2013)
BSF Advises Starr International in Sale of AIG Stock (March 30, 2010)
Firm Report: May 2009 (May 2009)
BSF Corporate Group and New Partner Mike Huang Profiled in WSJ Law Blog (December 18, 2008)