Daniel A. Grossman
Area of Practice
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2010
College of William & Mary, B.A., Philosophy and Economics, 2007
Daniel Grossman is a member of the Firm’s corporate practice group. His main practice areas include corporate finance; mergers and acquisitions, both domestic and cross-border; securities law; venture capital investments; and investment advisory matters involving hedge funds and other private investment funds. Mr. Grossman has represented both publicly and privately-held firms and has experience representing firms in a broad range of industries, with an emphasis in the investment management industry.
Selected representative transactions in which Mr. Grossman was involved are listed below.
- Advised Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network, which televises, among other things, New York Yankees baseball and Brooklyn Nets basketball, in its sale of an 80% equity stake to 21st Century Fox in a transaction valued at over $3 billion.
- Advised Goldman Sachs Capital Partners in its role as lead investor in a $40 million private equity financing of T2 Biosystems Inc. in anticipation of its eventual initial public offering.
- Advised Goldman Sachs Investment Partners in connection with its investment in Tikona Digital Networks.
- Advised EG Capital in connection with a $193 million leveraged recapitalization of Waterpik, via a senior secured first lien loan.
- Advised Inkafarma, the largest retail pharmacy chain in Peru, in its acquisition by an affiliate of Interbank Group.
- Advised a group of sellers in connection with the sale of a majority interest in certain public open-access ports in Colombia.
- Advised New China Capital Management in connection with its SEC registration as an investment adviser and the launch of its fourth private investment fund.
- Advised several investment advisory firms in connection with filings for exempt reporting adviser status with the SEC, as well as related compliance matters.
- Advised private investment firms focusing on shareholder activism in connection with public securities filings and settlement agreements with issuers resulting in corporate governance changes.
Goldman Sachs Hands Over Colombian Coal Mines to Murray (Latin Lawyer)
The BSF Report: Spring 2013 (03.08.2013)
BSF Represents Inkafarma in Sale to Interbank Group (Firm Newsletter Spring 2011)