Areas of Practice
Harvard Law School, J.D., 2010
University of Notre Dame, B.A., Political Science, 2007
Sean McFarlane is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Group. His main practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, corporate finance and general business advisory work, with an emphasis on the sports and entertainment industry, including advising clients with respect to the acquisition and financing of professional sports franchises and the negotiation of media rights agreements.
Mr. McFarlane has represented clients on significant matters across a variety of practice areas and industries. Selected representative transactions in which Mr. McFarlane had a leading role are listed below:
- Represented the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority in its purchase of the Riviera Hotel & Casino for approximately $180 million.
- Represented the New Jersey Devils ownership with respect to the sale of the New Jersey Devils in a transaction valued at over $300 million.
- Represented Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network in a historic arbitration with the New Jersey Nets regarding the value of the team’s media rights and a related media rights agreement.
- Represented an affiliate of Medallion Financial Corporation in a joint venture for the purchase of the NASCAR racing team Richard Petty Motorsports.
- Represented NuStar Energy L.P. in connection with a joint venture with an affiliate of Lindsay Goldberg in a transaction valued at $350 million.
- Represented Goldman Sachs Asset Management with respect to various public equity (PIPE) transactions.
- Represented Goldman Sachs & Co. on the sale of two hydroelectric power plants and development licenses for additional hydroelectric power plants to Turkish energy firm Bereket Enerji.
- Represented Branford Castle with respect to its sale of Carmel Car and Limousine Service.
- Represented Tanger Properties Limited Partnership in connection with a $227 million senior secured loan facility and a $90 million mezzanine facility.
The BSF Report: Spring 2013 (03.08.2013)