Marc V. Ayala
Areas of Practice
The George Washington University School of Law, J.D., High Honors, 2011; Order of the Coif; George Washington Merit Scholarship; Member, The George Washington International Law Review; Member, The George Washington Moot Court Board
Dartmouth College, B.A., History, 2008
Marc Ayala’s main practice area is complex commercial litigation. Mr. Ayala has represented a number of clients in federal and state court and in arbitration proceedings pertaining to securities, intellectual property, commercial contracts, entertainment law, employment disputes, and the professional sports industry.
Mr. Ayala’s recent matters include:
- Representation of multiple major U.S. banks in RMBS-related litigations;
- Advising, at the appellate level, a leading U.S. insurance company in a dispute with the IRS relating to international cross-border transactions and their tax implications;
- Representation of a leading air charter company in a dispute with a buyer of the company’s aircraft loan note;
- Representation of a technology company in a high-profile intellectual property lawsuit regarding operating system features;
- Representation of a global telecommunications company in litigations arising from disputes with former corporate officers;
- Representation of a major U.S. insurance company in a dispute with its former CEO;
- Representation of an individual in an over $300 million estate dispute;
- Advising a multi-national bank in regard to a securities trading investigation;
- Advising an Emmy-Award winning film production company in connection with an employment dispute and restructuring the company’s operations; and
- Representation of a global insurance company in connection with claims brought by the FDIC against the insured bank’s former directors and officers.