Areas of Practice
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2006
Connecticut College, B.A., Chinese, 1998
Hon. William M. Hoeveler, Southern District of Florida, 2008-2011 Hon. Martin L.C. Feldman, Eastern District of Louisiana, 2007-2008
New York and Florida
Tyler Ulrich is a partner in the Miami office of Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP. His practice areas include complex commercial litigation, products liability, and class actions.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Ulrich worked as an associate in the antitrust group of Arnold & Porter, LLP in Washington, D.C. and clerked for federal judges in New Orleans and Miami. He previously worked several years for the government of Taiwan. Mr. Ulrich’s representative matters include:
- Representing millions of class members in the Takata multi-district litigation relating to defective automobile airbags.
- Representing a class of plaintiffs in a lawsuit against major pharmaceutical companies relating to diluted chemotherapy drugs, and authoring appellate briefs to Missouri’s intermediate and highest courts of appeal.
- Serving trial counsel in a two-week federal bench trial against the United States under the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Defending Philip Morris in connection with numerous product liability actions pending in Florida state courts.
- Representing the government of Uzbekistan in enforcement actions filed throughout Europe relating to an arbitration award, and in ICSID arbitration in Washington, D.C.
- Representing an investment fund manager in a multi-million dollar breach of contract arbitration and serving as co-counsel at an AAA final hearing in New York.
- Representing Chevron in its prosecution of a federal RICO lawsuit.
- Representing the founder of a major haircare brand as plaintiff in a corporate derivative lawsuit in New York state court.
- Representing one of the largest credit card companies in the world in an antitrust suit regarding anti-competitive activity in the credit card industry.
- Assisting in the defense of Dupont in product liability actions in Florida state court.
- Representing a major automobile insurance company as plaintiff in a breach of contract lawsuit against its excess insurers in the Southern District of Florida.
Boies, Schiller & Flexner Elects Eight New Partners (January 4, 2016)