Areas of Practice
Columbia Law School, J.D., Kent Scholar, Stone Scholar, E.B. Convers Prize, 2008; Articles Editor, Journal of Transnational Law
Columbia University, B.A., History, 2002; Editorial Page Editor, Columbia Daily Spectator
Hon. Danny J. Boggs, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2008-2009
New York and District of Columbia
United States District Court: Southern District of New York
United States Court of Appeals: Sixth and Federal Circuits
Jaime Sneider’s main practice area is securities and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Sneider has handled a wide variety of cases in state and federal court on behalf of companies, boards of directors, and executives, including cases involving the federal and state securities laws, shareholder derivative litigation, merger and acquisition litigation, shareholder class action litigation, and the Anti-Terrorism Act.
In addition, Mr. Sneider has represented companies in civil investigations under the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989 and the Federal Corrupt Practices Act.
Mr. Sneider’s representative matters include:
- The successful defense of HSBC against fraud claims brought by DZ Bank and HSH Nordbank in connection with their purchase of more than $160 million in asset-backed securities, obtaining dismissal for the Firm’s client.
- The successful defense of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. before a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority arbitration panel over claims of fraud brought by co-founders of Marvell Technology Group Ltd., who sought more than $300 million in damages. The arbitration panel ruled in favor of Goldman Sachs, denying these claims in their entirety.
- The favorable settlement of federal and state securities claims brought by the Federal Housing Finance Agency against HSBC.
- The successful representation of the former directors of Massey Energy Company in connection with the acquisition of Massey by Alpha Natural Resources, which resulted in a decision by the Delaware Chancery Court declining to enjoin a merger.
- The successful representation of Sprint and certain of its former officers and directors in connection with a securities fraud class action in U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, obtaining summary judgment on all substantive claims.
Prior to joining Boies, Schiller & Flexner, Mr. Sneider was an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore from 2009-2012, where he represented clients in antitrust, contract, corporate law and securities litigation.
Before attending law school, Mr. Sneider served as Deputy Associate Director of Communications at the White House and Executive Assistant of Speechwriting in the Office of the Vice President. He also served as a research assistant to William F. Buckley, Jr., the Manager of Writing and Research at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and a speechwriter to William E. Simon, Jr. Mr. Sneider has written articles for National Review, The New York Times, New York Daily News, New York Post, the Weekly Standard and a number of other publications.
Fifty-three Attorneys Recognized as New York Metro Super Lawyers (October 10, 2016)