Nathan C. Strauss
Areas of Practice
New York University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013; Order of the Coif; Florence Allen Scholar; Editor-in-Chief, NYU Journal of Law and Liberty
Harvard University, A.B., cum laude, Applied Mathematics, 2010
United States District Court: Southern District of New York
Nathan Strauss’s primary practice areas are securities and complex commercial litigation. His recent matters include the representation of:
- Goldman Sachs in an arbitration and litigation against foreign institutional investors arising out of the financial crisis;
- An investment banking firm in an expedited appeal to the Third Circuit regarding interpretation of corporate bylaws;
- The former shareholders of Current Media in a fraud and breach of contract action against Al Jazeera in the Delaware Court of Chancery;
- A hedge fund partner in an investigation by the Securities Exchange Commission regarding potential violations of SEC regulations and market manipulation; and
- An international bank in an investigation by the CFTC and other federal and state regulatory bodies regarding potential rate manipulation.
Mr. Strauss is also active in pro bono representation, currently defending a client in removal proceedings in Immigration Court.
In law school, Mr. Strauss was the Editor-in-Chief of the NYU Journal of Law and Liberty and the co-head of the Debtors’ Rights Project, which helped unrepresented, indigent New Yorkers prepare defenses to civil debt claims.