Joseph E. Lasher
Areas of Practice
Columbia Law School, J.D., 2007; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Northwestern University, B.S., Chemical Engineering, 2003
United States District Court: Southern District of New York
United States Court Of Appeals: Federal Circuit
Joe Lasher has a broad litigation practice with a focus on patent litigation and other complex commercial litigation. Mr. Lasher has extensive experience litigating claims involving antitrust, copyright, trade secret, legal ethics and legal malpractice. Mr. Lasher also has experience representing companies in regulatory enforcement matters brought by various state and federal agencies.
Representative patent litigation matters include:
- Representing a multinational consumer electronics company accused of infringing patents concerning file management systems in network and cloud computing applications.
- Representing a leading branded pharmaceutical company in Paragraph IV Hatch-Waxman litigation concerning a vasodilator used in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Represented a privately held health technology company in an action to invalidate or correct the inventorship on a U.S. patent, which resulted in a favorable settlement during a jury trial.
- Represented a leading branded pharmaceutical company in Paragraph IV Hatch-Waxman litigation concerning a guanosine analogue antiviral drug, which resulted in a settlement after a favorable verdict from an advisory jury.
- Represented a global semiconductor company accused of infringing several patents related to radio frequency (RF) processing technology used in cellphones and other wireless devices.
Representative commercial litigation matters include:
- Representing a global nutrition company in a consumer class action alleging violations of California’s Endless Chain Scheme law.
- Represented a multinational technology company in litigation concerning the legality, under the New York State Constitution, of grants made by public benefit corporations, which resulted in a favorable ruling from the New York Court of Appeals.
- Represented a major law firm in malpractice litigation concerning its securitization of commercial mortgages.
- Represented a multinational technology company in litigation involving, inter alia, contractual provisions regarding reverse-engineering, copyright infringement, and antitrust claims, which resulted in a favorable settlement on the eve of trial.
Prior to joining Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP, Mr. Lasher spent six years at the law firm Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP.