t: + 44 207 614 0954
f: + 44 207 614 0999
Areas of Practice
BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course, 2011
BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2010
Fordham University, M.A., U.S. and Modern European History, 2007
Fordham University, B.A., Departmental Honors, History, 2006
England and Wales
Melissa Kelley primarily focuses her practice on a broad range of banking and financial litigation and restructuring and insolvency litigation. She acts on high-value, cross-border financial disputes, including in connection with distressed debt investments and complex financial arrangements.
Banking and financial litigation
- Acting for group of holders of Class A1 Notes issued by Canary Wharf Finance II plc in connection with proceedings seeking declaratory relief about Canary Wharf’s obligation to make a ‘Spens payment’ following the Class A1 Notes’ early redemption.
Restructuring and insolvency litigation
- Acting for a group of holders of Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas SA’s (FCC) Tranche B debt and notes in connection with FCC’s homologation application before the Spanish courts and related litigation in England.
- Acting for a group of holders of foreign currency convertible bonds (FCCBs) issued by Castex Technologies Limited in connection with Castex’s purported mandatory conversion of the FCCBs.
- Acting for holders of senior notes issued by Heta Bank challenging various measures taken by Austria.
- Advised a major international investment bank in connection with regulatory inquiries.
- Advising an Eastern European energy company in connection with various disputes with its joint venture partner arising out of certain Production Sharing Contracts.
Governments and government bodies
- Successfully defended a UK government agency from multi-million pound damages claims.
- Advised a regional government in connection with its oil dispute with a State.
- Advised a foreign Prime Minister in connection with potential defamation claims.
Boies, Schiller & Flexner Wins Court of Appeal Judgment for FCC Noteholders (November 22, 2016)
London Office Wins Judgment for Canary Wharf Noteholders (January 28, 2016)
Boies, Schiller & Flexner obtains judgment for holders of FCC notes (April 16, 2015)