t: +44 207 614 0981
f: +44 207 614 0999
Areas of Practice
BPP Law School, GDL, 2011
Oxford University, Classics, Classics, 2010
England & Wales
Rights of Audience (Civil), Higher Courts of England and Wales
David Hunt advises clients facing disputes in both international arbitration and litigation. He has a particular focus on international commercial and investment arbitration in the telecommunications and construction industries.
International Commercial Arbitration
- Advising shareholders in a major telecommunications company in relation to potential disputes under its constitutional documents.
- Advising a construction contractor in ICC proceedings in relation to claims for unpaid variation and prolongation costs arising out of a major project in the Middle East.
- Advising a state development bank in an LCIA arbitration arising out of its restructuring of a major industrial conglomerate.
- Advising an East Asian construction company in ICC proceedings relating to delays and liquidated damages in a power project in the Middle East.
- Advising a state oil company in relation to the enforcement of an arbitration award arising out of a gas production sharing contract.
- Advising an investor in an European state in relation to claims arising out of the imposition of new and onerous regulations in breach of treaty.
- Advising an investor in an Eastern European state in relation to the expropriation of a number of major construction projects.
- Advising a telecommunications company in relation to the expropriation of its investments in Central Asia.
- Advising a shareholder in a major telecommunications company in proceedings before the English and BVI Courts in relation to rights arising under its security documents.
- Advising a European bank in relation to claw back claims before the English Courts under section 238 of the Insolvency Act.