t: +44 207 614 0950
f: +44 207 614 0999
Areas of Practice
College of Law, London, Legal Practice Course, Commendation, 2013
University of Manchester, LLB, First Class Honors, Law, 2011; RG Lawton Prize for Dissertations in Law
England and Wales
Richard Robinson has a broad and diverse practice focusing primarily on commercial litigation and international arbitration. Richard has counseled clients on the courts arbitrations and the enforcement of arbitral awards in jurisdictions as wide ranging as Nigeria, Switzerland, Romania, Zimbabwe, Ukraine and the UK.
Representative matters include:
- acting for an investment manager of a sovereign wealth fund in a dispute concerning an investment management agreement;
- advising a large state-backed financial institution on ICSID arbitration and sovereign immunity provisions in a facility agreement;
- advising a global mining company on a strategy for commencing ICSID arbitration against a sovereign government;
- advising shareholders in an alleged breach of warranty claim brought by a FTSE 100 technology company;
- acting for a biodiesel company in an LCIA arbitration in a breach of contract claim;
- conducting LIBOR and FOREX investigations into a large financial institution; and
- acting for a global oil company in an LCIA arbitration concerning oil exploitation in Nigeria.