t: +44 207 614 0980
f: +44 207 614 0999
Areas of Practice
Harvard Law School, LL.M., 2015
University of Otago, LL.B. (Hons) , Law, 2009
University of Otago, B.Com., Finance, 2009
High Court of New Zealand, 2010-2011
Peter Barnett is an Associate in the London office of Boies, Schiller & Flexner (UK) LLP, and an experienced lawyer qualified in New Zealand. He advises clients on a broad range of complex international arbitration and litigation matters.
Representative matters include:
- advising holders of distressed debt issued or guaranteed by euro area states;
- advising investment funds on international public and private law arbitration proceedings;
- representing a global investment bank in significant class action proceedings brought by purchasers of shares in an IPO;
- advising a state-owned enterprise in urgent injunctive relief proceedings;
- advising a major insurance company on the application of new prudential regulation; and
- representing Crown entities, state-owned enterprises and private sector clients in high-profile regulatory, judicial review, human rights and other public law proceedings.