Matrimonial and Family Law
Boies, Schiller & Flexner has developed one of the most sophisticated Matrimonial and Family Law practices in the United States. Our practice is led by James Fox Miller who has gained a national reputation for both his negotiation and litigation skills in having handled some of the most complex and high-profile cases throughout the country. Mr. Miller has been listed as one of the 500 Leading Lawyers in America by Lawdragon and has been named in all 25 editions of "The Best Lawyers in America." Our practice also includes Charles Fox Miller and A. Matthew Miller who have also been named in "The Best Lawyers in America" and are highly experienced in virtually every area of family law.
We regularly serve as counsel in important and successful matrimonial and family law engagements, including with respect to:
- Negotiation of premarital, marital and other related agreements.
- Disputes involving complex financial structures and businesses of all kinds, real estate, venture capital stock options and forms of deferred compensation, professional practices and other high income, high net worth individuals.
- Custody and parenting issues.
- Tax and estate planning issues.
- Mediation and Arbitration.
Our attorneys have established relationships forged over many years with other leading lawyers, forensic accountants, pension and business valuation experts. We are well known for our expertise both in and out of the courtroom, and, particularly, for our skill at amicably resolving highly contentious matters.