His recent experience includes:
- Represented domestic and international clients in the energy, infrastructure, and sports, media, and entertainment industries with a focus on M&A, finance, private equity, and corporate governance
- Advised public and private company boards of directors on complex governance, fiduciary duty, and conflict issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris was partner and General Counsel at Caithness Energy, LLC. His experience included:
- Served as a key member of the management team of a private owner, operator, developer, and acquirer of renewable and environmentally progressive power projects in North America
- Spearheaded buy-out of the company's minority owners in one of the largest wind farms in the world and originated and oversaw multi-tranche acquisition financing for all of the outstanding interests in two separate transactions.
- Directed the company's repurchase of preferred shares in one of its subsidiaries
- Co-led the $1 billion+ senior secured and mezzanine refinancing efforts for one of the company's natural gas fired power plants
- Negotiated company's joint venture arrangements to develop the first natural gas fired power plant in West Virginia
- Participated in all aspects of the company's project development efforts, including land/real estate matters, permitting processes, construction contracting, power purchase and other revenue generating arrangements, regulatory issues, and transmission and interconnection requirements
- Managed the company's engagement and supervision of all of the law firms required to support the company's operating and development subsidiaries